By Andrew Slevison
The St Kilda career of Seb Ross is over after the Saints confirmed they will not offer him a new contact for 2025.
The two-time best and fairest winner (2017 and 2019) joined the Saints in the 2011 draft (Pick 21) and played 211 games in red, white and black.
His 200th game came in a big win over Collingwood earlier in the 2024 season.
Ross said he will be “forever grateful” to the club for making his dream come true.
“St Kilda will always be the place that gave me the chance to live out my childhood dream of playing AFL football, and I will forever be grateful for that,” Ross said in a club statement.
“While I’m not closing the door on football moving forward, I leave the Saints with some lifelong friends and some incredible memories.
“I’m comforted knowing that whatever comes next, I have my incredible wife Marnie and our children, Charlotte, Vinny and Henley, by my side. They truly are my world.”
Ross was in St Kilda’s leadership group for seven seasons, serving as vice-captain and stand-in captain along the journey.
He played 13 games in 2024 and averaged 16.5 disposals. Across his career he averaged 22.9 disposals per game.
The Moorabbin departure of Ross comes after the Saints delisted Tom Campbell, Riley Bonner, Matthew Allison and James Van Es on Tuesday.
Crafted by Project Diamond